Wednesday, 8 February 2012

A


Part of the Alphabet Autism series:-
A is for Autistic Awesomeness.

Autism and Asperger’s is a neurological disorder which affects around 1 in 100 people in the United Kingdom according the national autism society.  Autism is a spectrum of conditions which have common features or characteristics, sometimes known as the triad of impairments there are, difficulty with: - social imagination, social interaction and social communication. These are the three main areas of difficulty however autism affects each person differently and may also demonstrate a love of routines, sensory sensitivity’s, special interests and associated learning disabilities. While all people with autism share certain difficulties, their condition will affect them in different ways.


What does it feel like to be autistic? Well what does it feel like to be “normal”? autism can cause the individual to become very stressed and upset for a number of reasons such as changes in routine or sensory overload but we are also a very happy bunch, we have never known what your view of being normal is, yes we can see it in others, and yes sometime we wish we were part of it, but to me I’m normal, just a different normal and for which I’m happy. After-all if it wasn’t for my Asperger’s syndrome I wouldn’t be me, and I wouldn’t really want to lose a part of myself, a part of my personality and being just to suit you, after-all having Asperger’s syndrome has caused some horrible things to happen in my live, however it has also cause some autistic awesomeness which I would never change for the world.


No comments:

Post a Comment