Monday, 6 February 2012

IRIS AS

Recently I posted  a blog entitled Iris, with the lyrics and just simply, this sums things up.  Today thought I would explain what this was / is about.
I don’t want the world to see me, because I don’t think they’ll understand…

When you meet someone new, would you tell them you were autistic? People I know rarely know I have Asperger’s syndrome only those who are close to me do. Why? Well there are certain reactions from people that I don’t wish to experience, therefore I wait a while and get to know people before I actually tell them. and about 50% still have the same old reactions of:-  oh you can never tell, oh are you sure, oh you can’t have it as all people with AS have  No empathy, no relationships and you seem fine etc. etc. therefore I generally don’t tell people, because that response, is actually quite hurtful at times, A qualified doctor has given me this diagnosis, and I live with this diagnosis, therefore who are you to judge whether actually have the condition or not and secondly, who are you to judge me.  Therefore I find it easier to not say anything therefore I don’t leave myself open to negative attitudes or opinions based on a diagnosis and it lead to people getting to know me for who I am, not what they think I should be.
When everything is made to be broken I just want you to know who I am,

Therefore I would prefer people to get to know me for who I am, and what I’m like first, after all unless there is an actual reason why they should now,. Therefore I want to be known for who I am, not what people assume I am!
So what are your thoughts on this? Do you tell people straight away or keep it to yourself.  How do you find people reactions when you do tell them, positive? Negative? Post your thoughts and comments below.

No comments:

Post a Comment